From their website:
The mission of Courageous Kidz is to create a safe haven for kids with cancer and their families. We believe that the “child has the disease and the family has cancer.” As parents will tell you, cancer is a family affair. Living with a child with cancer changes priorities and lifestyles. Families feel “owned” by the medical field as they spend innumerable days in the hospital or transport their children to never-ending medical appointments. Our goal at Courageous Kidz is to pick up the pieces when life goes awry by providing financial aid, and bringing back the magic of childhood. We want both child and family to be able to live life to the fullest in spite of the devastation of a cancer diagnosis.
Our Courageous Kidz symbol is the lion, to represent courage, spirit, determination, stamina, loyalty, and love of family.
Courageous Kidz was founded by Debby “Flash” Stephenson and her husband Charlie. Because everyone at Courageous Kidz works on a volunteer basis, 92 percent of our funds go directly to the children and families we serve. The other 8 percent go toward fundraising, and administrative and operating expenses. We are conscientious stewards of all public and private funds, services and goods generously donated to support our mission.
As stated above, the primary mission of Courageous Kidz is to create a safe haven for kids with cancer and to assist children in coping with and defeating this debilitating disease, while also providing support to family members. It is important in these efforts to continually monitor and measure effectiveness and to assess which activities are the most successful and which may not be living up to expectations. Consequently, Courageous Kidz constantly requests feedback and input from all stakeholders, and uses the comments and suggestions to improve its services to all involved.
Cancer is a life-altering event that adversely affects children and all members of their families. Although medical science has made great strides in extending the lives of children with cancer, and even discovered cures in some cases, cancer continues to be the number one killer of children ages 1 to 14 today. It is the mission of Courageous Kidz to provide these children with hope and a positive self-image, and to allow these children to be “wonderfully ordinary” under very abnormal circumstances.
Notice: These addresses are provided for the purpose of helping players obtain donations through the mail for their respective charities. Never, ever visit the addresses listed and be respectful of the players if you do send anything through the mail. There is always a risk in sending items through the mail, so never send something you are not willing to lose. We are not responsible for any items that are sent through the mail using the information on this website.
Send mail to
questions or comments about this web site.